Public Affairs Manager
Reporting to the Public Affairs Director, you will be responsible for leading on a number of key projects and providing input into the company’s overall public affairs strategy. You will represent the sector’s issues to politicians and civil servants in the UK and Europe. Through your work, and as part of a high performing team, you will have the opportunity to influence the evolving debate.
Your skills and attributes:
- Good knowledge of financial services policy issues is essential.
- You will be a public affairs specialist with awareness of the strategic, political and commercial factors which underpin successful lobbying activity.
- You will be able to grasp complex policy and technical issues and communicate them effectively to political, regulatory and industry audiences.
- You will have extensive knowledge of and insight into the policymaking process in the UK and Europe. This understanding will probably have been obtained by working within a government department or regulator or possibly through a financial services trade association or relevant business organisation.
- You will have excellent written and oral communications skills. This will enable you to confidently communicate and discuss policy with politicians, officials, regulators and industry audiences.
- You will be highly organised and self-motivated. You will be happy to take forward projects on a day-to-day basis, either by yourself of in cooperation with colleagues from within the technical and public affairs team.
- You will be able to manage a number of projects simultaneously and set, and keep to, project deadlines as required.
- You will be able to work accurately and reliably.
- You will have good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop constructive relationships with colleagues, members and professional contacts.
To apply or to find out more about this opportunity please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference PAM/City/NB. Applications for this role must be received by Friday 15 November.
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.