PR Manager - Global professional services firm
This globally recognised, professional services company is looking to hire a PR Manager to led and develop b2b communications strategies across a range of industry sectors. It is a fast pace and multi-tasking environment so you’ll need to be on the ball and an excellent project manager. Working directly to the Head of Communications you’ll get plenty of autonomy and flexibility to drive PR plans forwards.
This is a global professional services business that has a number of specialist teams working across a range of disciplines such as sales and marketing, accounting and finance, IT and telecoms, office support, HR, banking and legal as well as others. They have more than 2,000 employees in the UK and more than 7,000 globally with offices all over the world and a truly international footprint. The communications team is four people who manage all external and internal communications across the business and work closely with their marketing colleagues to produce campaigns with real impact.
Key challenges and opportunities in this PR Manager - Global professional services firm role:
- Taking responsibility for developing and activating trade communications programmes with a wide range of colleagues
- Being responsible for identification of interesting stories within the business and getting them external coverage
- Writing a range of press materials from press releases to senior speeches as well as drafting overall communications strategies
- Develop fantastic media contacts across a broad range of trade titles as well key national press.
- You’ll be managing a range of high profile projects so you will need to juggle your work load
- Helping educate and engage senior colleagues to ensure you get key information in order to develop proactive media stories
- Help manage and mentor junior team members and lead by example
Key attributes and experience for this PR Manager - Global professional services firm role:
- Exceptional PR and communications experience working on high profile corporate and b2b campaigns
- You will need strong PR experience ideally working with professional services companies and certainly working with large, multi-stakeholder organisations
- You’ll already have exceptional trade press contacts and know what makes a great story. This combined with your confidence to pick up the phone to any journalist will mean you have a great track record of top press coverage
- You should already be working at Senior Press Officer level in-house or as a Senior/Account Manager in a well-known PR agency
- To success in this role you will need to be driven and proactive and seize the opportunity to make your mark in a global business.
- People who excel here tend to be down to earth, outgoing and have a sense of fun about them too.
To be considered for this PR Manager - Global professional services firm role please click to apply
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.