Global Internal Engagement Manager
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, broad communications and engagement experience.
- Creative internal campaign experience such as project or organisational launches, events or activity.
- Sense of urgency, however calm under pressure, resilient and flexible.
- Project management skills, focused on delivery to deadlines - results driven and solutions oriented.
- High personal accountability.
- Sound judgment.
- Must be capable of working autonomously but engaging others as needed.
- Sound internal communications and engagement skills, key message development and campaign experience capable of inspiring confidence in colleagues at senior level in the organisation.
- Fundamental understanding of Consumer Healthcare business strategy and organisation in general.
- Experience in maximising corporate partnerships and sponsorships to engage organisations, creative ways
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
- The GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) organisation has been undergoing significant change to restructure and refocus as the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare (FMCH) organisation, based on science and values.
- The Global Internal Engagement Manager will support the business by helping to develop and implement internal communications and engagement programmes to engage the organisation and build an FMCH culture.
- This role will be a key support in ensuring our internal communications and engagement strategies are world-class, and that news and communications are well-considered, timely, impactful, audience-focused and interactive where appropriate.
- This role requires excellent communications skills, flexibility, a creative touch and the ability to engage with stakeholders and build global networks. Great people and matrix management and interpersonal skills will be essential to success in this role.
- The person in this role will need to have strong project delivery and management experience, pay exceptional attention to detail, and have an understanding of experiential engagement and leadership communications strategy.
- This role requires imaginative and creative tactical execution, to launch and embed new projects and activities internally and to excite our employees around key topics.
- The Internal Engagement manager will also liaise regularly with regional communications colleagues to ensure communications strategy alignment, programme implementation, feedback and measurement.
- Working as part of the Internal Engagement Team and supporting the wider Consumer Healthcare communications team, this role will interface with a high number of internal stakeholders from across GSK including senior management and be required to work in a highly matrixed environment.
The Winning Formula Employee Engagement Programme
- Now that the Consumer Healthcare business is aligned behind a single goal to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company driven by science and values, it is time to move to the next phase in terms of engaging our people in this strategy.
- A comprehensive, global employee engagement programme using a mix of leader sessions and digital modules is being developed to further educate our people on what the strategy really means for them, about how they contribute to it, about how it is going to propel the business forward. But in a way which is time and cost minimal to the business.
- The programme will primarily focus on inspiring the organisation with the Winning Formula but will also include a large educational element – not training but education. It will also include a measurement element.
- The person in this role will help to shape tactical delivery of each element of the employee engagement programme and constantly re-develop the strategy as required.
- This role will support measurement and clear objective setting around the Winning Formula, gathering understanding of global successes/challenges and needs, and ensuring a solid connection with HR.
Sponsorships, Partnerships, Product and ‘Brand’ activations/storytelling, news and campaigns
- The Internal Engagement Manager will support strategic and creative internal communications activity around key partnerships, sponsorships, product and brand/identity activations. Working alongside other colleagues in both global/corporate GSK, and CH comms.
- Support Category, Regional and in-market understanding, adoption and implementation of global programmes, maximise local initiatives and ensuring programmes are considered world-class throughout the organisation
- Channel strategy for the programmes tactical implementation, using social media tools as appropriate, with measurements and metrics.
This individual will strive for better ways of doing things, identify new and better ways of approaching things, diagnose gaps, design and implement measurement processes and projects. Providing communication guidance on content and identify ways to improve them.
- Reporting to the Global Internal Engagement Director, Programme lead, CH communications.
- Member of Consumer Healthcare Communications function, member of Internal Engagement team.
- Commercial and Functional Managers in Consumer Healthcare.
- Maintain strong peer relationships with communicators across the business.
- Effective management of processes, budgets and programmes described above.
- Dynamic, fast moving environment with fluctuating and changing demands.
- Ability to plan, produce and finalise high quality work on an ongoing basis using creative methods to fully engage the organisation.
- The complexity of the global CH organisation requires a sensitivity to many different cultures and social, economic and environmental issues and the implications on what and how to communicate with sensitivity, influence and impact internally
- Matrix working; must inspire confidence in delivery and capable of influencing key stakeholders.
- Strong creative project management skills and a natural team attitude.
Closing date for application: 23rd November, 2013. Please apply via the online application system.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, one of the world’s leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.