Account Director - Environmental focus for boutique corporate agency
This is a great role for an Account Director who enjoys the diversity of agency life but would prefer to focus on one key client and have a huge amount of responsibility and autonomy. Working with the CEO, and running the London office with an Account Executive, your client works across the highly topical issues around infrastructure, environmental services and sustainable energy.
This is a very different, small agency based in the heart of Soho who specialise in helping European clients profile themselves in London. It is a fantastic chance to have the diversity of agency life but focus on one key client that focusses on infrastructure, water management, waste management and environmental services company doing some exciting work in recycling and energy generation. This Account Director role will be working directly with the Madrid based CEO and managing a communications assistant. In addition, this role involves regular travel to Madrid to meet and update the client.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Corporate Account Director role:
- Targeting tier 1 trade press and raising the client’s profile through media relations
- Working closely with different stakeholders within one client to deliver across a range of different business areas
- Delivering proactive media strategies and delivering great results
- Working remotely with the Madrid based CEO and managing an assistant
- Regular travel to Spain to meet with the client and discuss the communications planning
- Knowledge in infrastructure to be able to talk confidently about the financial and business aspects of the client
Key attributes and experience for this Corporate Account Director role:
- Strong corporate PR experience at Account Director level working with specialist trade media either in agency or in-house
- Being able to work autonomously and not requiring micromanagement but have excellent communications skills to work remotely with the CEO
- Spanish speaking to a good standard would be highly beneficial
- The passion and focus to really get under the skin of one major client and develop interesting communications programmes for them
- Someone who can get their head around strategy but can also be hands on to secure fantastic media results
- A self-starter who wants something different from being a small cog in a large machine
- Experience in infrastructure and water and waste management is a bonus
To be considered for this Corporate Account Director role please click to apply
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.