Head of English Regional Policy
Ellwood Atfield is delighted to recruit a new Head of English Regional Policy for a highly effective business trade body. You will be responsible for strengthening the interests of the members through better co-ordinated policy.
You will deputise for the Head of Policy managing the team and leading a high quality policy work program working closely with the English regional teams. You will ensure that the members on the ground are best placed to present their interests to policy makers. The role will act as a key point for co-ordinating the policy work of regional teams with the Westminster office.
- Work at a national and regional level to co-ordinate the policy work of the English regions.
- Maintain a strategic overview of the regional policy work, ensuring this contributes towards the national policy objectives and communicate this clearly to the policy team in London.
- Maintain a keen awareness of economic, political and legislative developments in the UK and EU and identify their impact on members.
- Deputise for the Head of Policy for internal and external policy representation including stakeholder meetings in Government departments or speaking engagements.
- Oversee the day to day policy work of the Senior Policy Advisor and the policy team ensuring that their contribution to the policy debate is always of a high quality and timely.
If you are the right person you will have proven policy experience in one or more of the following:
- UK political party, in a policy capacity;
- UK Civil Service or related agency;
- UK Parliament;
- Policy / public affairs post in member body
You will also demonstrate a track record of delivery, experience of managing a team and the ability to take responsibility and ownership for decisions made
To apply or to find out more about this opportunity please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HERP/NB. Applications for this role must be received by Friday 29 November.
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.