This job has now expired
35 hours per week
Age UK's vision is of a world in which older people flourish, and we do everything we can to achieve this through our services, information and advice, influencing activities and research.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Media Manager. This is a fantastic job for the right person because you will be driving the development and implementation of Age UK's media strategy, using both traditional and new media. Our media work is crucial to all our influencing, brand awareness and fundraising, and you will be leading a committed and talented team with a record of considerable success.
Eighteen months from the General Election, you will be heavily involved in all Age UK's thinking and planning on how we can advocate most effectively with and for older people on a cross-party basis. You will also play an important part in raising awareness of Age UK's ground-breaking service developments and research, and in helping the lessons to be widely shared, so they benefit older people everywhere.
Required experience and attributes
- A thorough understanding of how to influence policy to achieve change
- Strong management skills and a good team player
- Articulate and confident in debating issues and finding clear ways forward
- Extensive experience of fast-moving press office environments and of working with senior journalists and commentators
- Skilled and experienced in navigating complex organisations and of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing, communication and data analysis skills
- Excellent understanding of how to develop stories and influence the news agenda
- Excellent crisis management and reputational management media skills
Please visit our website for a job pack and information on how to apply.
Closing date: 2nd December 2013 9.00 am
We are an Investors in People and equal opportunities employer and accept candidates from all diverse groups.