This job has now expired
We’re looking for a personable and proactive Head of Public Relations and Communications to be a key tactician in helping us to grow, change and meet our social purpose by getting our message across to the right people.
A financially strong social enterprise with over 80 year’s experience, but still ambitious to grow, we appreciate that the underlying housing economy in the region is changing and the proportion of public money to support the creation of new affordable homes is the lowest it’s ever been. Accordingly, we’re establishing new ways to meet our social mission of providing those new homes, as well as sustainable communities. To do this, we need to build relationships, celebrate our achievements and promote our ideas and our people internally and externally. You’ll help us do just that, and much more.
As Head of Public Relations & Communications you’ll report to the Director of Business Development and take the lead in a range of communication activities in line with our strategic and tactical objectives. You’ll implement a comprehensive public relations strategy and a strategic communications plan that places us at the centre of the debate about the future of housing and the creation of economically balanced communities. You will:
- Support the Leadership Team, effecting a change in the perception of Catalyst, both internally and externally
- Manage our communications budget, evaluate the effectiveness of our communications and PR activities and bring leadership to a team of seven.
To succeed you will need an expert knowledge of the PR and communications mix, ideally gained in a large, varied and complex organisation, coupled with an understanding of housing issues and policies and local and national political structures. Additionally you will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of assessing, procuring and managing external resources such as design, public affairs, digital and film
- The leadership skills and strength of personality to drive a high performance culture
- A flair for challenging and influencing others and the confident and flexible communication skills it takes to work with a variety of key audiences.
Award-winning and one of the leading housing associations in London and the South East, Catalyst provides more than 21,000 homes, housing almost 50,000 people through a wide range of rental and home ownership opportunities. Our aim is to be a catalyst for change and improvement wherever we work, pursuing better homes, better service and a better future for our customers.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, you can find more information and apply by visiting our careers www.chg.org.uk/careers/ and sending your CV with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 2nd December 2013