This job has now expired
Little Red Rooster is a well-established, fast-growing boutique PR agency. We have a rather ravishing portfolio of premium clients who produce very sought-after products and services. Based in Twyford, the LRR team is a tight-knit, results-focused team who love what we do (and are told that we do it rather well!) We also take care of our exceptional team so rapid career progression and rewards are guaranteed if you make the grade.
The right person for the job will work with our key consumer electronics clients, who mainly manufacture premium audio-visual systems. As Senior Public Relations Account Executive, your duties will include building relationships with key journalists, researching and writing press releases, generating strategies for review programmes, managing the distribution of press releases, monitoring news coverage and, of course, working with our clients.
Key aspects include:
- liaising with journalists from national, regional and specialist broadcast, printed and online media
- managing the product-review programme and press release distribution
- developing and implementing PR strategies, including proactively researching feature opportunities and monitoring coverage
- maintaining excellent client relationships by working closely with key contacts to understand their PR requirements and secure great results
- creating timely, accurate and persuasive written material
- organising and supporting client events and exhibitions (potential for overseas trips).
Skills and attributes:
It would be great to hear from you if you have experience of – or at the very least a real passion for – audio-visual consumer electronics. This would include a grasp of the key technologies involved. We are also seeking someone with an excellent understanding of the media associated with these types of products who can build relationships with key journalists. Experience of running an audio-visual/tech product review programme would be a distinct advantage. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are another must-have and why we look for team members to have at least an A-level (or equivalent) in English. To be considered for the role you will also need to be an experienced PR account executive with at least 12 months’ relevant agency experience and a sound understanding of how a PR agency operates; experience gained in-house in a relevant industry will also be considered. Exceptional candidates who have no PR experience but an innate understanding of the audio-visual consumer electronics industry may be considered. We are also happy to discuss if you would like this role on a freelance or permanent basis.
Key skills and attributes include:
- self-motivation and a genuine interest in developing your PR career
- excellent writing skills and attention to detail, plus
- first-class verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- proven organisational and time-management skills
- demonstrable ability to work confidently and comfortably with clients, including senior industry leaders and journalists.
Oh, and if you love the Rolling Stones, then you're half way there!