This job has now expired
Our client, a London authority that runs award winning open-spaces and sports venues, is currently seeking a talented Media and Communications Officer to join their team on a part-time basis, and this may be flexible. You will be working closely with the PR Officer and the Senior Media Officer in order to maximise media coverage for our client, as part of a dynamic and hard-working team.
The successful candidate will:
- Help manage and implement effective PR campaigns to maximise coverage for the diverse range of venues and open spaces, activities, events and initiatives
- Identify and develop excellent relationships with national, local and regional media, sports, consumers and specialist titles
- Work with key stakeholders to create and plan high profile PR activities, events and opportunities
- Build new relationships and run media familiarisation trips
The ideal candidate will have:
- A track record of securing media coverage, with a background in PR or journalism, ideally in a similar role focused on sports, environment or leisure
- A strong news sense and be able to identify compelling stories
- The ability to make new press contacts
- Excellent communication skills, with strong writing and editing abilities
- Outstanding social media skills, and is highly IT literate
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A full UK driving licence
While the role is part-time and flexible, but there may be some weekend and evening work required. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented PR officer to join an outstanding London authority. If you feel as though you have the necessary skills, then please apply below.