PR Account Director - Consumer and corporate affairs
This leading mid-sized consultancy are leaders when it comes to working on high profile issues work and are experts in personal finance and financial services PR. They are all about taking money matters that affect us all and putting them at the top of the consumer and media agenda. They work with a range of top clients from leading retail banks through to top asset management companies and everything in-between. They are a diverse bunch of people that form a close knit team and do some incredible work for clients in both in traditional and online media space.
Based in light, bright and airy open plan offices this company are real experts in their field. They work across personal finance and broader financial services clients and focus on creating campaigns that have real media cut through to reach their target audiences. They are an inclusive bunch of people and provide a supportive and nurturing environment whilst encouraging people to push themselves and strive to achieve great things.
Key challenges and opportunities in this PR Account Director - Consumer and corporate affairs role:
- You will take the day to day responsibilities for client contact and running the media campaigns for both b2c and b2b client work
- This company have daily contact with a wide range of target media so you’ll be speaking to everyone from the personal finance trade press through the national news and current affairs journalists as well as contacts in the online communities
- Working with either the support of a Director you will have the chance to work across a wide range of clients that really suit you skills and personality so a day here is never dull
- You will be responsible for managing junior team members and getting the best from your team as individuals and a collective
- This is a very inclusive environment so people need to enjoy contributing as part of a team and be happy to get stuck in when the role requires
- We are specifically looking for someone who can take on the responsibilities of an Account Director and wants to capitalise on this company’s fantastic promote from within approach
Key attributes and experience for this PR Account Director - Consumer and corporate affairs role:
- It is crucial you have experience of working in a fast pace PR agency and naturally you’ll have all the core skills that come with that such as being a fabulous writer, confident with the media and comfortable working on new business
- You MUST be an established Account Director or Senior Account Manager looking to take on a more senior role and you should be currently directly managing clients and junior members of a team
- Some experience of financial services is vital but that could be anything from high street credit cards through to private equity and asset management firms
- You need to thrive working in a collaborative environment and whilst be a consummate professional you shouldn’t take yourself too seriously either
- We are specifically looking for bright stars who are keen to develop their own career but are not precious about getting the work done to get outstanding results for their clients
- We are looking for people who get excited about the topical and important issues that personal finance involves and understands how money can affect everyone.
To be considered for this PR Account Director - Consumer and corporate affairs role please click to apply
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.