Advocacy Manager, In-house, Policy & Public Affairs, NGO
Are you a policy and advocacy professional with substantial experience of working with a variety of stakeholders, helping to shape political regulation and designing advocacy activities? Our client is seeking a smart, proactive Advocacy Manager, who will report to the inspirational Director of Communications. The Advocacy Manager will provide policy analysis to support the implementation of our client’s advocacy strategy across the globe, working closely with government officials, NGOs and other decision makers and opinion formers.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrable knowledge of global development policy, as well as practical experience of providing policy research and writing, implementing advocacy activities in support of agreed priorities and formulating global toolkits. You must be a great team player and self-starter with excellent communications skills and analytical ability. Demonstrable experience of working on global issues is desired.
You’ll be able to develop and maintain key relationships within the relevant fields, not only internally but with external parliamentarians, commentators and influencers. You’ll be adept at summarising perspectives in on-going global policy discussions (for the UK and beyond), and ensure that global policy positions are compatible with key markets (including the UK). You’ll also prepare and work with other team members to prepare documents on specific policy issues, which could include policy analyses, briefing papers, blog posts, talking points and press releases.
You’ll be a quick thinker, a meticulous researcher, a savvy influencer and a willing and thoughtful colleague.
If you think you have the qualities and finesse to complement an already highly-skilled, professional and close-knit team, send your CV through to Hetta at The Foundry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 29 November 2013
- 29 December 2013
- Associations / Institutions, Charity / Voluntary organisation, Government, Healthcare, Media and New Media
- Account Director, Director (In-House), Manager (In-House), Senior Account Manager, Senior Press Officer
- Corporate Communications, Digital & Online, External Affairs, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy, Research
- Full Time
- Contract Type
About Foundry, The
The Foundry Directors have supported the communications industry for over 23 years, combining a high level of creativity with real application. As well as strength in corporate and public affairs, consumer and brand PR and change and internal communica
More jobs like this
- Full Time Research Senior Press Officer Associations / Institutions jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Research Senior Press Officer Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Research Senior Press Officer Government jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Research Senior Press Officer Healthcare jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Research Senior Press Officer Media and New Media jobs in London (East)