External Affairs Manager
About the Tony Blair Faith Foundation
Globalisation will be the greatest force for good in the 21st century, but it will also create the century’s greatest challenges, including the resulting conflict and extremist views that can arise when different faiths and cultures are thrown together. The Tony Blair Faith Foundation provides the practical support required to help prevent religious prejudice, conflict and extremism.
We provide practical support at two levels. At the leadership level, we work with current and future leaders, providing the support to help prevent religious prejudice, conflict and extremism in the present. And working with the next generation, we ensure young people do not inherit the grievances of the past and provide them with the knowledge and skills to secure peace in the future.
The Tony Blair Faith Foundation approach facilitates meaningful human connections through exposing people to those with differing cultures and beliefs so that they can learn from each other, and so live with each other.
The Foundation works in some of the world’s toughest situations where we offer bold, practical and innovative solutions where there is real need. We are not a religious organisation. We are unaffiliated, working with all those committed to peaceful co-existence, including those of faith and none.
About the Role
The External Affairs Manager is part of our dynamic External Affairs Team working across all the Foundation’s activities. The role works both proactive and reactively in our fast paced environment, enabling the Foundation to make new, lasting and meaningful relationships with key organisations and individuals worldwide and to build its profile as an international NGO. It requires strategic thinking coupled with the ability to practically execute that strategy.
The main aims of the role are to:
- Build on the Foundation’s profile as thought leaders around our key themes and our innovative programme models;
- Ensure opportunities for building and maintaining relationships for the Foundation and its staff are utilised fully in order to enhance prospects for the programmes and the Foundation wide profile.
- Proactively stimulate debate and analysis around the Foundation’s key themes.
- Showcase and enhance the Foundation’s impact and activities around the world;
The main duties include:
- Maintaining and managing existing relationships for (and across) the Foundation and proactively source new ones
- Researching and practically utilising news and information in order to develop areas of interest for TBFF
- Strategically spotting and acting upon opportunities to deliver the EA strategy through stakeholder management, events and marketing communications
- Maintaining an organisation wide system through which the External Affairs strategy is executed
- Ensuring that throughout events and communications TBFF is portrayed as pioneering, innovative and funder-friendly
- Actively managing a stakeholder database
The successful candidate will be able to work creatively and collaboratively while maintaining momentum on individual projects, be confident in representing the Foundation at a senior level and use their initiative to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing landscape.
- Solid experience working in a high profile, international environment in the media, marketing and communications sector.
- A thorough understanding of the sensitivity required in dealing with a diverse group of people
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- A proactive and results orientated attitude with a clear focus on achieving positive high quality outcomes
The successful candidate will be part of a small but successful team, and should therefore demonstrate the willingness and capacity to multi-task and manage own administrative needs, as well as possessing a strong sense of initiative and excellent team-working skills.
This is a highly demanding post in an organisation which expects the candidate to deliver high levels of professionalism and personal commitment to the role.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (West)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Education jobs in London (West)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Government jobs in London (West)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Media and New Media jobs in London (West)