• Further develop and maintain a vibrant network of contacts among Brussels and International press corps/establish proactive press relations to ensure good visibility of the federation and its views. This includes responding to queries from the media, federation members and other relevant stakeholders;
• provide support and advice, internally, to colleagues on media relations activities;
• provide operational and strategic support to the different internal teams on how best to communicate externally (and internally);
• manage press-related activities and events: press releases, press conferences,…
• contribute to the production of publications (newsletter, reports, …).
The succesful candiate will have a pro active attitude , the ability to prioritise between conflicting requests, and to show initiative and diplomacy as well as acute communication flair. The candidate must have excellent writing and editorial skills and be able to simplify complex information as well as the ability to work both in a team and autonomously and in a multi-cultural environment.
In addition, the candidate should have:
• a university degree in Communications/Journalism/EU Affairs;
• native /near as English speaking and writing skills (fluency in other European languages is an advantage);
• 4 to 8 years of work experience in/with the press;
• proven record of media relations and an excellent understanding of and engagement with social
media, especially as it pertains to media relations/ knowledge of European affairs media in Brussels;
• a strong, proven, living network of media contacts in the economic/financial services area;
• good knowledge of the European Union, its institutions and their functioning;
• excellent communication (both written and oral) skills.
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on quoting reference WDR1311-67
VMA Group is the global executive recruitment and professional development partner in corporate communications, PR and investor relations.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/
About VMA Group
Since its inception as Vicky Mann Associates in 1978, VMA Group has grown to be the leading global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications