This job has now expired
With the growth in our business, we have created a new role for an experienced Corporate Affairs and Public Relations (CA&PR) Manager dedicated to our Ophthalmology business.
Working closely with the EAME Ophthalmology management team, you will be responsible for the development of Public Relations campaigns and projects to support the overall business objectives of the Ophthalmology Business Unit. This will include supporting both current and new indications so previous experience of working on pharmaceutical product launches would be valuable.
You will take responsibility for the development and implementation of PR projects within the Ophthalmology Business Unit to ensure they are delivered on-message, on-time and on-budget. This will include:
- With the Director of CA&PR, serve as the strategic public relations counsel for Allergan’s European Ophthalmology business
- Provide input into the annual brand plan from a PR perspective both strategically and tactically
- Through a network of national PR agencies, develop and implement compelling communications platforms to reach our target audiences at both an in-country and regional level
- Work with PR agencies to implement PR programs, monitor competitor landscapes and answer queries as appropriate – then measure their performance against ambitious metrics
- In line with national ophthalmology business plans, initiate and maintain stakeholder relationships with key patient advocacy groups. This may include identifying and conducting audits of relevant patient advocacy groups, engagement programmes or proactive disease awareness campaign development
- Develop relationships with key ophthalmology opinion leaders at a European and national level to assist in delivering the Public Relations plans
- Develop media assets to educate journalists about the disease areas or to provide factual information about our brands (in alignment with all relevant codes of practice and national laws)
- With Director of CA&PR, manage media-led issues associated with the eye-care business, brands or any issue that impacts on Allergan corporate reputation
You will also manage the Ophthalmology PR budget and will be involved with the Director of CA&PR in the strategic budget planning process.
This challenging role will place you at the heart of Allergan’s largest business unit. You will be working across three franchises and multiple geographies in an ambitious and growing organisation.
Education and Experience:
- Proven knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare industry. This may have been gained via in-house communication or public relations roles or from PR agency experience
- Pan-European co-ordination experience
- Previous experience of launching significant indications, ideally in the eye-care segment
- Science qualification and/or journalism degree (Bachelor level or above) and/or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of ABPI Code of Conduct and other relevant European codes of practice
- Previous experience working with Patient Advocacy Organisations (either pan-European or national groups)
- Experience of handling media-led issues and understanding of media coverage likely to cause additional media reactions/comments or cascade to other countries
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic public relations and communications planning, ideally for high-profile pharmaceutical brands, for pharmaceutical brands with strong competitors and/or for strategic launches for an organisation
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using multiple communications channels including digital
- Strong inter-personal, motivational and influencing skills
- Self-starter able to operate effectively within a matrix organisation
- Excels in a fast paced and dynamic international environment; calm under pressure
- Sound understanding of the pharmaceutical/healthcare market from a national, European and/or global perspective
- Fluent in English - additional language skills would be an advantage
Strong personal management skills including time management, workload prioritisation, multi-tasking and sharp business acumen