This job has now expired
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist consumer PR agencies. They work with a variety of reputable consumer and trade clients, offering award-winning campaigns that combine both traditional and digital counsel. With centrally based offices in London, the agency offers a creative, energetic and encouraging environment for its 40+ members of staff. You will be joining a highly successful agency with a multitude of esteemed awards to it’s name, that has seen consistent growth year on year.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who wants to deepen their complete communications experience and work on a significant issues-led & reactive consumer PR programme related to the tobacco industry. Additional clients sit within FMCG, premium homeware and loyalty scheme sectors embracing fully-integrated communications strategies that cover events & experiential, crisis management and social media initiatives.
The role requires:
- PR agency experience working across consumer brands
- Line management experience to provide structure and guidance to the junior team members.
- Outstanding communication skills – ability to maintain key client relationships
- Ability to integrate social/digital techniques with traditional PR tools
- Knowledge of key social media platforms and experience of blogger outreach highly desirable
- Knowledge of current affairs –trends, politics, sport, music and see relevance to PR activities
- Good understanding of client’s competitors and key industry issues that may affect them
- Understand all types of media and how they work (deadlines etc)
- Generate newsworthy angles & hooks
- Confident over the phone and quick thinking enough to adapt a story to a journalist’s interest
- Able to confidently source and/or attend an event as well as media exploitation
- Beginning to write new business proposals (and also for existing business)
- Can set up and run brainstorms to generate ideas
You will be offered a competitive salary and exceptional additional benefits including private healthcare, a contributory pension and performance related bonuses.