Representing global brands you will be immersed in a highly regulated sphere for consumer brands facing political scrutiny. You will bring your highly effective communications skills in the media and government to the role and ensure the member’s voice is heard.
Key components of the role include:
- Managing the delivery of the organisation’s mandate, specifically to advise on development of appropriate campaigns.
- Leading a team of five direct line reports.
- Engaging with the member companies.
- Advising the member companies of any potential concerns and develop new campaigns.
- Perform as the spokesperson in the media and provide PR support for the campaigns.
- Holding overall responsibility for the budget and facilities management
To be the next Secretary General you will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven influencing skills.
- Highly developed decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and developmental skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Line management experience.
- Having been media trained, with experience of dealing with the media on politically sensitive topics.
- Strong political acumen.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail.
To apply or to find out more about this opportunity please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SG/NB. Applications for this role must be received by Friday 10 January 2014.
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.