Account Manager - Maternity Cover
This reputable PR agency that specialises in financial services/personal finance is currently looking for a knowledgeable, flexible, personable PR Account Manager to cover 6 months maternity leave starting February 2014. You will be part of a small team, so need to be a confident self-starter, able to hit the ground running.
Personal finance/financial services agency experience is a prerequisite, with excellent writing skills and current press contacts. A thorough understanding of the personal finance market at large, including pensions, is essential.
- Writing press releases, blogs and comment pieces and short articles (with the support of technical writers)
- Working closely with journalists to understand what news items are relevant to clients
- Planning and scheduling work programmes
- Commissioning articles and blogs from features editors
- Communicating client needs/feedback and keeping them informed of work progress and results
- Ensuring work schedules are met on time
- Formalising status and monthly reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- A mature, confident, highly proactive work ethic with excellent people skills
- Proven track record of working with broadcast, consumer and social media
- Strong knowledge of pensions and investment is essential
- Excellent writing skills, fluent and of a very high standard
- Very good media relations abilities
Salary will be £35,000 according to experience and fit.