Associate Director working on famous pharmaceutical clients, London - upto £70,000 + Benefits
Edelman has enjoyed a fantastic 2013 with award winning creative campaigns that include Three Cannes Lion awards as well as being crowed the International Agency of the year at the PRCA awards. Due to organic growth we are now looking for an Associate Director to work in our friendly, cooperative and team-orientated Healthcare team with a focus on delivering creative, highly organized and successful International, European and UK Healthcare campaigns.
The Associate Director should have a proven track record of being fiscally responsible including financially planning programs, projections, forecasting and resourcing. He/she must possess a high degree of professionalism and thorough understanding of client/agency relationships, and a solid understanding of how to manage and operate a business. A demonstrated track record of leading, developing and executing successful public relations strategies and programs as an agency practitioner is critical. In addition, the Associate Director should have impeccable communication skills as well as past successes in providing sound and strategic counsel and recommendations to clients and within the team. He/she must also be a superb manager of people including motivating, empowering and coaching as well as possess the vision, insights, confidence and professional demeanour to manage a team.
The candidate should have experience in at least one of the following therapeutic areas: Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, metabolic disorders/obesity, woman’s health, oncology, mental health/ neuroscience/CNS.
Within the Rx Leadership Team the Associate Director will be responsible for driving key areas of managing our business such as New Business or Marketing. The successful candidate will have an expert knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and a strong knowledge of competitive environment. They will also have gained experience of planning programmes throughout a brand’s lifecycle applying their knowledge across accounts.
- Leading accounts and being responsible for the overall quality and strategic thinking of brand programmes
- Developing business opportunities with existing accounts and new prospects
- Keeping abreast of new developments, trends and opportunities
- Line management and people development, including recruitment
- Play active role in Rx Leadership Team making decisions about account team structure, team HR, team financials, new business
- Responsible for leading new business pitches
- Excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of budgeting client programmes, including team resourcing and long-term forecasting
- String presentation and pitching skills
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Demonstrated strong client management/leadership/strategic counselling skills
- Proven success leading media events
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Network of industry and media (global and UK) contacts.
Due to organic growth Edelman has a variety of opportunities so please see our updated vacancy list on http://www.edelman.co.uk/careers/ or forward your CV in complete confidence to the in-house recruitment team
- 26 December 2013
- 23 January 2014
- Business / Industrial, Charity / Voluntary organisation, Government, Healthcare, Media and New Media
- Business to Business, Digital & Online, External Affairs, Internal Communications, International, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Full Time Digital & Online Director (Agency) Business / Industrial jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Digital & Online Director (Agency) Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Digital & Online Director (Agency) Government jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Digital & Online Director (Agency) Healthcare jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Digital & Online Director (Agency) Media and New Media jobs in London (East)