Immediate Starts – Interim PR Manager (maternity cover) – National charity
A national charity which was set up to offer support, guidance and friendship to cancer suffers and their families at specially designed centres providing a sense of wellbeing is looking for a dynamic PR Manager to proactively grow awareness, drive engagement and shape understanding of the charity through the media and other stakeholders. This person will be supporting the Head of PR and the PR team and will take responsibility for the creative strategies behind brand initiatives and campaigns along with regional fundraising events.
- To develop and implement a strong media plan for new, existing and planned Centres, in line with the marketing and communications strategy.
- To proactively generate a high level of positive, quality coverage to raise their profile and the programme of support it offers
- To ensure that a consistent message is communicated to all media in England and Wales, delivering coverage that builds national awareness and promotes a clear understanding of the organisation.
- To identify, develop and manage strategic media partnerships in line with the broader strategy.
- To create awareness of the charity in the media as an expert voice on cancer support issues.
- To develop new creative ways to promote fundraising activities to the media.
- To manage the day-to-day liaison with the media across England and Wales, responding to requests for information.
- To support the Head of High Profile Relations in developing and nurturing relationships with celebrities and other ambassadors.
- To be a strong, articulate ambassador for the organisation across the media both national and regional.
You will need good experience in a PR/media relations role within an agency or in-house with an excellent creative campaigns record and a strategic head. Brand and project management, with exceptional verbal and written communications skills are essential along with a ‘can do attitude’ and a real drive to make this organisation a household name.
About f1 Recruitment
f1 recruitment specialises in finding professional staff for the in-house marketing communications teams of visionary companies and the leading agencies that service them.