Public Affairs Manager
A major transportation organisation is looking for a high quality individual to join their Public Affairs team. The role is to perform a maternity cover and help manage a range of key activities including managing the relationships with politicians, the devolved institutions, government departments, industry stakeholders and with the company’s members.
The role is based in Central London. Salary is £160 per day. This is a fixed term contract until August.
- Support and implement political events, ministerial visits, conferences and speeches, and supporting the Executive in their interactions with political stakeholders.
- Devise strategies to manage the company’s political activities in Parliament effectively.
- Support engagement with key political stakeholders.
- Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts.
- Make sure relevant MPs and officials are fully updated when issues are a key part of the wider news agenda.
- Keep the company aware of key political developments.
- Significant experience in public affairs, lobbying, or local government
- A proven understanding of all relevant political calendars
- A wide network of stakeholder contacts
- Able to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- An expert and persuasive communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Eloquent individual with the credibility and gravitas to work effectively with senior stakeholders
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Yating Wang on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference YW1401-31
VMA Direct is part of VMA Group, a global provider of corporate and marketing communications recruitment and training services.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/