This job has now expired
Crest Advisory is looking for a media relations manager for one of the UK’s leading charities. The right person will have experience of running an effective press office and an interest in the criminal justice system.
What you will need:
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in a press office handling media enquiries from local and national newspaper and broadcast journalists.
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing or supervising other staff in a press office.
- Ability to understand complex policy issues quickly and explain them simply but accurately.
- Ability to identify all potential angles of a news story – positive and negative.
- Knowledge of criminal justice and social policy issues.
Your key responsibilities:
- Plan and implement short, medium and long-term media and PR campaigns in line with organisations’ wider strategic objectives.
- Be an effective line manager, developing the press officer, social media coordinator and web editor.
- Ensure that a fast, accurate media response service is provided, including briefing journalists, supplying comment and arranging interviews on behalf of the organisation.
- Write and distribute news releases and other targeted press materials. Producing and placing feature materials.
Deadline: 7th February, however we are looking to recruit as soon as possible.