Press Officer at The Roof Gardens (12 month contract)
The Roof Gardens is part of Virgin Limited Edition, Sir Richard Branson's luxury portfolio of retreats. There are three key areas of business, the restaurant, the nightclub and events, as well as the 1.5 acres of beautiful gardens surrounding the venue.
To carry out all PR activities for The Roof Gardens and successfully promote it to its target audiences
- To develop an appropriate annual PR strategy in accordance with The Roof Gardens goals and objectives incorporating all trade and consumer media channels for each part of the business and undertake.
- Acting as spokesperson for The Roof Gardens to promote it fully to the media wherever possible
- To develop tactical offers and media stories to address seasonal business needs at The Roof Gardens.
- To regularly contact and entertain selected individual media at The Roof Gardens
- To have excellent and a wide range of media contacts in the restaurant, drinks/club, events industry and utilise these
- Oversee the planning and execution of photo & film opportunities
- To work closely with other Virgin companies and affiliates to maximise opportunities to cross-sell The Roof Gardens
- To develop and keep up to date a comprehensive database of all key relevant media
- At least 4 years previous experience within a Food & Drink Public Relations role
- Agency experience an asset
- Excellent contacts established and held within the restaurant drinks/club & events media
- Excellent communications and written skills
- Understanding of the Virgin brand
- Results and standards orientated, able to plan and organise effectively
- Committed to excellence, with passion, pride and ambition in their work
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, team orientated and able to work under own initiative