In-house, part-time PR Manager at sugru
We are seeking an experienced PR practitioner to help develop our strategic programme and lead the implementation of it. We have an amazing brand, a fully engaged community of fans and users of sugru and have been fortunate to secure some high profile PR coverage. Now we want to really get our brand out there and get everyone talking about sugru. This is an exciting opportunity to join a constantly developing company, and to be an important part of the projects and ideas that help it grow.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years experience working in PR. You will either have worked a leading consumer PR agency or in-house for a consumer brand. You will have a deep understanding of traditional and new media – and have a contact book to die for.
You should be creative and understand how the media works in terms of responding to topical stories as well as pitching new creative ideas and angles. Driving coverage will be a key priority; so demonstrable experience in generating successful ideas and results is a must.
You should have excellent writing skills and should be able to drive PR independently while still working well and complementing the wider social media and marketing team.
- Help oversee and drive the long-term PR strategy helping set key initiatives, establishing KPIs and monitoring on-going success.
- Develop a monthly rolling programme of proactive and reactive PR.
- Identify relevant PR stories from the user community and place case studies in relevant media eg vertical, regional, trade.
- Implement a vertical sector PR strategy to secure coverage across key publications and media outlets in key areas of interest to sugru users (e.g. tech, home, sport and outdoor).
- Drive the press office function to ensure we get sugru into the hands of all key influencers.
- Develop media plans for campaigns; creating engaging creative ideas that will get sugru into the mainstream media.
- Get sugru into consumer and national titles covering news, features and ‘what’s hot’ sections.
- Demonstrable experience in B2C strategy and activation for clients – ideally within relevant sectors.
- Good understanding of the media landscape mainly in the UK across traditional and non-traditional / new media channels (knowledge of Europe and US media is a welcome bonus!)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to write appropriately for differing requirements – including press releases, case studies, etc.
We are a founder led business on a mission to get the world excited about fixing and making things again. People all over the world are using our first product, sugru, and are helping us grow through word of mouth and social media. We really love our community!
Please note that, due to the large amount of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by 21 February please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.
More jobs like this
- Part Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Business / Industrial jobs in London (East)
- Part Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Consumer jobs in London (East)
- Part Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Media and New Media jobs in London (East)
- Part Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Retail / Wholesale jobs in London (East)
- Part Time Digital & Online Senior Press Officer Arts & Heritage jobs in London (East)