Media Officer – Music
Our client is a licensing rights company in the entertainment industry. They are looking for a talented individual to join their team as a Media Officer. You will be reporting to the Media Manager, working as part of a small, close-knit PR team, in a dynamic, varied role.
As Media Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and managing the delivery of a range of PR activity, such as press events, and assisting with the implementing of campaigns
- Being the key point of contact for all press enquiries
- Managing the sell-in of stories to the media
- Planning the delivery of press materials, as well as creating email pitches to journalists and creating content for publications
- Liaising with journalists, and building key relationships and internal and external contact networks
- Actively researching and pitching PR opportunities, as well as following PR trends and music industry news
- Administrative tasks, including supporting the media team, preparing meeting agendas and diary management
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong experience in a similar role, gained within a PR agency
- Experience of working on national, regional and trade campaigns, both B2B and B2C, using both traditional and new PR tools, with demonstrable results
- Experienced at creating communications materials, pitching to journalists and promoting challenging campaigns, ideally with experience in issues/crisis communications
- Outstanding time management skills, with strong communication skills
- Multiple journalist contacts across a broad spectrum of media
- Strong social media and IT skills
- A proactive, friendly and confident personality, with outstanding inter-personal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented PR professional to progress their career and have an exciting, varied role in a well-respected company. To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About JFL Search & Selection
JFL is a specialist recruitment consultancy for the communications sector. We recruit from entry to Board Director level, across PR, corporate communications, public affairs, digital and social media.