This job has now expired
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board, dedicated to recognising achievement in learners of all ages. The range of qualifications from OCR is wide and varied and there are choices for learners of all ages, abilities and needs. Over 13,000 schools, colleges, workplaces and other institutions use our A Levels, GCSEs and vocational qualifications.
Are you able to take complex information and turn it into audience-focused communications? A fixed term maternity cover opportunity is available within OCR Operations, based in Cambridge. Working in our Planning and Communications function, the Communications Manager role is essential in ensuring both effective internal communications in Operations and external communications to exams officers. You will be able to engage professionally at all levels, both across the organisation and externally, to gain a thorough understanding of how things work and will be comfortable taking complex information and presenting it clearly to a range of audiences. You will be familiar with working with different media/technology solutions.
Planning and Communications is one of the departments within OCR’s Operations area. Although it is split between the Cambridge and Coventry sites, this post will be Cambridge-based.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing Operations communication strategies and tactical plans to meet the business plan objectives
• Co-ordinating/preparation of, and (where appropriate) simplification of, messages relating to Operations products and services
• Liaising with both customer-facing staff and product/service development teams to create content for good quality Operations documentation
• Managing the administrative sections of the OCR website/extranet
• Devising and implementing effective mechanisms for capturing feedback and ensuring its incorporation into process/documentation improvements
• Establishing clear communications channels between OCR Operations and its customers, stakeholders and staff.
Your skills and experience will include:
• Advanced written communication skills (demonstrable/experience).
• A high level of verbal and presentation skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with effective time management.
• Analytical thinking from data and verbal sources with reporting skills.
• A high degree of diplomacy to ensure conflict does not arise.
• Highly IT literate in all Microsoft Office software; advanced skills in PowerPoint and Word also an advantage.
• Knowledge of best practice use of new media and how to apply it.
The Closing date for applications is 31 January 2014 and interviews will be held on 11 February 2014.