This job has now expired
* Contribute to the development and the delivery of the organisations communications and marketing objectives, focusing in particular on developing the media profile of the business.
* Manage the organisations social media channels.
* Develop a media profile in prioritised projects and activities.
* Promote the organisation to national, regional, local, online and specialist media.
* Provide professional communications and media handling advice on risks, opportunities and high profile issues.
* Respond accurately and appropriately to reactive media enquiries.
* Anticipate the emerging news agenda and contribute to the development of a proactive plan.
* Provide clear and trusted briefing to media stakeholders.
* Maintain and manage an active network of relationships with key representatives of the national, regional, local, online and specialist media so as to facilitate favourable and accurate coverage of the organisations agenda , rebutting inaccuracies and negative stories to ensure delivery of strategic objectives.
* Plan and implement agreed media relations campaigns aimed at trade and/or media at national, regional and local levels, including organisation of events, news conferences and press visits.
* Contribute to the development of the organisations messaging and support marketing colleagues with copywriting assistance where required.
* Degree qualified with experience in media / public relations.
* Good knowledge of, and excellent relationships with national, Leeds regional and local media and relevant specialist media.
* Ability to influence the media agenda and to position the organisation as a thought leader and influencer in its priority sectors.
* A creative and considered approach.
* Experience of working to tight deadlines and responding quickly and efficiently to media enquiries.
* Able to have robust and resilient conversations with journalists.
* Ability to identify and develop a news story within complex or creative ideas.
* Excellent attention to detail.