This job has now expired
* Develop a media relations strategy that outlines the organisations approach across all forms of media including broadcast, online and social.
* Contribute to the development and the delivery of the organisations communications and marketing objectives, focusing in particular on developing the media profile of the business within target markets.
* Develop a media profile in prioritised projects and activities.
* Promote the organisation to national, regional, local, online and specialist media.
* Provide professional communications and media handling advice on risks, opportunities and high profile issues.
* Respond accurately and appropriately to reactive media enquiries.
* Anticipate the emerging news agenda and contribute to the development of a proactive plan.
* Provide clear and trusted briefing to media stakeholders.
* Produce high quality briefing materials, and occasionally present information to core stakeholders and industry influencers.
* Plan and implement agreed media relations campaigns aimed at trade and/or media at national, regional and local levels, including organisation of events, news conferences and press visits.
* Degree qualified with experience in media / public relations.
* Good knowledge of, and excellent relationships with national, Leeds regional and local media and relevant specialist media.
* Experience of developing sound media relations strategies and understanding the role of media relations in realising corporate objectives.
* Ability to influence the media agenda and to position the organisation as a thought leader and influencer in its priority sectors.
* A creative and considered approach.
* Experience of working to tight deadlines and responding quickly and efficiently to media enquiries.
* Able to have robust and resilient conversations with journalists.
* Ability to identify and develop a news story within complex or creative ideas.
* Excellent attention to detail.