Media & PR Manager
The charity undertakes research projects to develop a sound evidence base to influence change with sports delivery bodies, campaign, lobby national and local government and promote best practise within sport at all levels; from the touchline to the boardroom.
This is an exciting time to join the charity which is undergoing a period of change and growth. The position of Media and PR Manager offers a unique opportunity to set up and manage a new in-house press office, which includes designing and implementing new systems and processes, and devising and implementing a media plan to maximise profile, campaigning capacity and income generation from both traditional charitable sources and the charity’s own services.
As Media and PR Manager you will:
- Develop and manage a proactive media relations programme and reactive service which includes forward planning and media monitoring.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant journalists and broadcasters.
- Manage the production of high-quality news releases and statements, ensuring that these are researched, produced and disseminated to generate maximum media coverage.
- Manage and develop an Ambassadors programme.
- Devise a media engagement programme for the CEO and Chair, to raise their profile and identify opportunities for them to speak.
- Provide briefings and strategic counsel to senior management and colleagues on media issues.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the charity’s digital and social media messaging and presence is consistent with off-line communications.
- Develop a strategy to enhance a newly developed membership network so that objectives are achieved and membership continues to grow. Co-ordinate and manage all aspects of the Network.
- Co-ordinate the charity’s events portfolio.
As Media and PR Manager you will have:
- Experience of running a press office and managing/mentoring colleagues.
- Media experience gained within a campaigns environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing effective media monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills.
- A grasp of the political and policy environment within which the charity operates.
- Event management experience.
- Experience of working with VIPs.
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.