Director of Communication
Our client is an innovative, highly influential think tank, thought leader and research based charity who’s corporate and government clients are receptive to all of their reports. It is no exaggeration to say that the research conducted by this organisation directly impacts every individual in the UK in a variety of innovative and surprising ways. This organisation is also a pioneer at raising the sustainability debate to new levels. They are now recruiting for a Director of Communications to maximise the impact of their work and their potential for radical change.
As the Director of Communications you will be responsible for:
- Provide strategic input on the direction and plans for all communication activity
- Lead communication activity across the organisation to maximise impact within the external media and institutional stakeholders
- Create campaign strategies that integrates media relations, stakeholder engagement, digital communications and to an extent public affairs activities.
- Campaign management
- Develop a network amongst journalists and external stakeholder groups to build engagement and awareness the organisation and its research based campaigns
- Relish a challenge and imbue confidence and enthusiasm in others; you will be an internal ambassador for communications as well as being an external ambassador for the organisation.
To qualify as the Director of Communications you must have experience of:
- Demonstrable experience of strategic campaign development which has integrated all disciplines of communications
- Working alongside a senior leadership team. You must have capacity to influence, guide, advise and represent at C-suite level
- Working with broadcast, print and digital media to communicate complex policies and research in the most effective manner.
- Networking at senior levels within a corporate structure and with external stakeholders including journalists and Executives from global FTSE companies
- Developing creative and resourceful campaign plans and seeing them through to completion at both a strategic and a tactical level.
To apply for the position please forward a copy of your CV to Ellwood Atfield through the Apply Now button quoting reference JO-1402-2243 For more information please contact Tom Ewen on 020 7340 6480
About Ellwood Atfield
We recruit the people who talk for you. The people responsible for delivering your organisation's communications, reputation, change and influence.