Public Relations Manager
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen here at RWE npower for a Public Relations (PR) Manager to join our PR Department on a full time permanent basis. You can be based in either our Solihull or Worcester office with travel required to other sites (London and Swindon mainly) as and when needed.
There has never been a better time to join us at npower as we embark on an exciting journey to become number one in customer experience in the energy industry and have also just been recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers.
Role description and what we’re looking for
As PR Manager, you will develop and implement high quality PR programmes to protect and enhance the reputation of RWE npower and its brands. You will work closely with the business to develop PR activity which supports product and marketing programmes. You will brief and select appropriate agency resource to achieve agreed objectives. As PR Manager you will forge strong links with appropriate journalists to maximise positive mention of npower within press and other media. You will monitor outputs from PR activity and recommend corrective action as necessary.
To apply for this role, we are seeking the following candidate
- A smart and outgoing individual with the capability of forging strong relationships with media contacts
- Previous experiencing of working in an influencing, communications or PR role within a major organisation or agency, preferably facing similar challenges to npower.
- Well practiced in media relations with broadcast and press
- Well versed in modern communications techniques and channels
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, with strong presentation skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders
- Flexibility will be required as this role requires out of hours working and some travel to different sites
What you’ll get in return
Our people are our most important asset and are what sets us apart from the competition. We offer a competitive salary and impressive benefits package, and the opportunity to really shape the future of the business whilst receiving the support you need to develop your skill set and experience to achieve your long term ambitions.
RWE npower is a leading UK energy company and is part of the RWE Group, one of Europe’s leading electricity and gas companies. We serve around 6.5 million residential and business customers with electricity, gas and energy. Through RWE Generation, we operate and manage a flexible portfolio of coal, oil, biomass and gas-fired power stations, producing more than 10% of the electricity used in Great Britain.
npower’s recruitment activity is managed by the Internal Resourcing team. All contact from recruitment agencies needs to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact the Resourcing team via www.npowerjobs.com
Closing date: 4 March 2014.