Communications Manager – Events – 6-9 month contract
Our client is one of the UK’s leading conference, event and exhibition venues. They are looking for a talented Corporate Communications Manager to join their team on a 6 month contract, though this may be extended to 9 months. You will be joining their close-knit Marketing and Communications Department, reporting to the Commercial Director. Our client would consider a four day week for the right candidate.
As Communications Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing our client’s media relations, including building relations with key media
- Proactive media coverage
- Managing a regular client newsletter
- Providing media/PR advice to existing customers
- Maximising relationships with key industry associates
- Maintaining effective internal communications, including staff briefings , newsletters, intranet and similar
- Budget management
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong experience in a media/public relations role, with a fantastic track record of developing media/PR strategies and programmes
- Be confident at dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and senior level individuals
- Be confident handling crisis management and internal communications
- Have worked in a medium to large organisation, and be familiar at the procedures associated with these companies
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be creative, confident, adaptable and comfortable working as part of a small team
- Able to demonstrate initiative
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to take on a exciting, varied role on a contract basis. If you feel you are the ideal candidate please apply below.
About JFL Search & Selection
JFL is a specialist recruitment consultancy for the communications sector. We recruit from entry to Board Director level, across PR, corporate communications, public affairs, digital and social media.