Internal Communications Officer
My client is a transport construction company looking for a technologically savvy internal communications officer to support the Internal Communications and Employee Engagement function on a 3 month contract, starting immediately. The successful candidate will be required to manage the internal newsletter and develop and enhance internal communication channels with a particular focus on the company’s intranet system.
- Taking a lead in developing and managing the weekly e-newsletter; liaising with colleagues to research, source and write stories and select appropriate imagery
- Manage the maintenance and development of the company’s intranet
- Work closely with the Internal Communications Manager to integrate social media into the existing platform
- Coordinate internal communications events
- Support other internal communications and employee engagement projects and activities on an ad-hoc basis as they arise
Skills and attributes:
- Intranet management experience essential
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent written communication skills, and an ability to translate complex, technical content into engaging, human interest stories
- Experience in internal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer-focussed attitude
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Harriet Baverstock quoting reference HB1402-92.
VMA Direct is part of VMA Group, a global provider of corporate and marketing communications recruitment and training services.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/