Account Executive, Consumer PR
WHO WE ARE
FleishmanHillard is one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with more than 2,000 employees in over 80 offices around the globe. FH was founded over 60 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive and measurable impact on its clients’ performance. We are widely recognised for excellent service and our long-term relationships with clients.
Our London team harnesses the collective power of creative, social and strategic marketing communications to produce electric, infectious and award-winning communications. With this in mind, we create provocative, inspiring solutions for big brands with stories to tell - which could be anything from a blog or social campaign to an installation, film, event or long-term movement. And while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
You’ll be working with a team of passionate consumer marketing professionals who lead a variety of integrated communications programmes from the more traditional media relations and events to community management, social media and brand positioning programmes.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Coverage monitoring, clipping and analysis.
- Press office media outreach – short, mid and long lead.
- Event and 3rd party coordination.
- Event bibles and contact lists.
- News alerts.
- Supporting the Account Manager on activity planning – proposal contribution for press office activity.
- Blogger engagement and relationship building; identifying bloggers, outreach and following up for review coverage.
- Contribution to key client documents using a range of appropriate styles - editorial and business copy: briefing materials, releases, features, case studies, newsletters, web site copy, mini-proposals etc.
- Building relationships with clients and being a secondary point of contact for clients in the absence of senior team.
- Providing research on industry topics, issues and competitors in support of the new business process.
- Media liaison – media briefings, active pitching of stories, building contacts, managing journalist enquiries, managing exclusives and feeding into team media strategy.
- Coverage, coverage and coverage!
- Previous experience in a PR/comms agency is essential, within a consumer team in a client facing role.
- Strong media relations skills; experience of pitching news to national, broadcast and online consumer outlets, as well as more planned for announcements related to NPD or seasonal hooks.
- An understanding of press office basics – photo call notices, caption writing, briefing documents (client, attendees or photographer), event bibles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format.
- Used to operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Social proficiency media – blogger liaison, outreach copy, content calendars and awareness/ practiced at working on multiple platforms.
- Excellent written and communications skills in English. Experienced in copy drafting/press releases – both consumer and trade.
- Developing news – understand how to draft research questions and find a news angle within the results. Working alongside the Account lead to develop into a news release.
- Ability to multi-task – managing both short and long term actions.
- Food sector experience is preferred.
- Relevant degree qualification preferred.
- Eligibility to work in the UK is a must.
- No agencies please.
MORE ABOUT US
We are part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous speciality firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other speciality communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our London office is among the top five largest offices in the FH network and offers a totally integrated service comprised of speciality areas such as consumer, healthcare, technology, corporate, financial services and public affairs, all of which are supported by the expertise of our wonderful digital team.
AWARDS – we have recently been awarded the Holmes Report European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
ABOUT THE GROUP - Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.