Account Manager, Consumer PR
WHO WE ARE
FleishmanHillard is one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with more than 2,000 employees in over 80 offices around the globe. FH was founded over 60 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive and measurable impact on its clients’ performance. We are widely recognised for excellent service and our long-term relationships with clients.
FleishmanHillard’s London team harnesses the collective power of creative, social and strategic marketing communications to produce electric, infectious and award-winning communications. With this in mind, we create provocative, inspiring solutions for big brands with stories to tell - which could be anything from a blog or social campaign to an installation, film, event or long-term movement. And while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
We have an opportunity in our consumer team for a confident, experienced Account Manager to work across two fast-paced client accounts in the travel sector; one is a globally renowned airline and the other is a popular travel website.
This role will support clients with a variety of communications challenges, including product launches, media relations, events, content driven programmes, global brand propositioning initiatives and sports sponsorships.
In conjunction with FH’s global consumer communications network you will have the opportunity to support the development and roll out of a variety of strategic communications programmes; build long-standing relationships with senior clients and colleagues across the network; mentor junior members of the team and play an active role in new business initiatives across the UK and globally.
- Building relationships with client contacts across all levels, becoming a partner and trusted advisor.
- Producing a high standard of written work including reports, analysis and thought pieces.
- Providing media counsel, creative recommendations and managing strategic partnerships.
- Proactively building relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
- Managing an extremely busy press office.
- Supporting the development of client proposals and media materials; plans, presentations, reports and communications documents.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of innovative and integrated content based solutions.
- Contributing to the management of client budgets; overseeing the client budget development, tracking, billing and communications.
- Mentoring and overseeing junior account team members.
- Contributing strategy and solutions to new business efforts and proactively introducing new ideas to improve our offering.
- Previous experience working on creative B2C campaigns within a top PR agency is essential.
- Strong media contacts across national media, particularly in travel and tourism. Sports media contacts would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the aviation sector.
- Experience developing and pitching persuasive and creative story, creative proposals and plans.
- Proven experience of managing the demands of a busy press office.
- Outstanding written skills including reports, analysis and thought pieces.
- A keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies.
- Strong organisational and project management skills; ability to juggle and make independent decisions.
- Effective problem solving abilities - can get things moving and keep them on track.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues.
- A spirit of teamwork; must be willing to roll up sleeves.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Eligibility to work in the UK is a must.
- No agencies please
MORE ABOUT US
We are part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous speciality firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other speciality communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our London office is among the top five largest offices in the FH network and offers a totally integrated service comprised of speciality areas such as consumer, healthcare, technology, corporate, financial services and public affairs, all of which are supported by the expertise of our wonderful digital team.
AWARDS – we have recently been awarded the Holmes Report European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
ABOUT THE GROUP - Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc.is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.