Media Relations Manager
My client is one of the worlds leading professional membership organisations with over 144,000 members. They are currently seeking a Media Relations professional that would be confident working within a busy press office and able to tackle reactive and proactive media enquires as well as generating proactive coverage in print, broadcast and electronic media.
This person must have experience working within a trade association or strong business press experience.
- Generate coverage in UK national media through placing of stories, provision of comments, distribution of press releases, arranging interviews and drafting of features with individual journalists.
- Provide specialist professional skills to support delivery of the business and enterprise brief nationally as well as supporting other areas.
- Manage delivery of campaigns to achieve excellent media results. Resolve any issues/obstacles to full delivery through creative thinking and management of internal expectation
- Continue to develop and maintain network of strong relationships with key journalists and demonstrate ability to exploit these relationships in order to achieve coverage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of individual areas of the institute in the context of the profession and external environment in order to be able to match the institute’s communications goals against campaign goals.
- Handling proactive and reactive media enquiries and source appropriate case studies.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and appropriate writing style for variety of documents including briefing documents, press releases and reports.
- Identify new opportunities and tactics to deliver on the campaign objectives. Identify senior support as required.
- Contribute to creative brainstorms and the development of media tactics to support Institute strategy as required by Media Relations Managers/Head of Media Relations and Corporate Communications
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Roberta Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference RAH2749-64
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us?
About VMA Group
Since its inception as Vicky Mann Associates in 1978, VMA Group has grown to be the leading global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications