Corporate Account Manager, Leading Agency, London, 35K+
Edelman is the world’s largest PR agency with 4,500+ professionals across 65 offices worldwide. Since it was founded in 1952 it remains independent and family- owned. The London office boasts more than 450 people with specialist practices including consumer brand, research, corporate and financial, public affairs, healthcare, technology and digital.
The Corporate and Financial Team
London’s Corporate and Financial team includes more than 55 consultants specializing in all areas of corporate reputation. The team includes former journalists, senior in-house practitioners, government advisors and industry specialists as well as dedicated media, crisis, employee engagement, property and financial experts. In November 2012, PR Week ranked the team as number one in its ranking of ‘Top Corporate Agencies’ in London. Working for leading brands and the team represents 10 FTSE 100 Companies, 30 of the Global Fortune 500, and 3 of Management Today's Top 10 Most Admired companies.
We are looking for a highly ambitious, proactive and motivated individual with solid Corporate PR agency experience, able to lead day-to-day management of mid-sized accounts or campaigns, as well as support teams working on larger-scale client programmes. In particular, the role requires a candidate with excellent media handling skills, including an ability to provide informed counsel to clients when developing stories or handling complex issues, liaising with journalists directly, and coaching junior members of the account team. In addition, experience of handling high-profile media campaigns and complex issues on the national agenda is vital.
- Media relations, including story and message development, creating and driving outreach plans, securing national media coverage/briefings with senior editors and correspondents, briefing spokespeople and ongoing development of contact network
- Serving as the daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate, as well as providing proactive counsel on new approaches or ideas that will help meet clients’ broader objectives
- Playing a key role in the research, planning and development of campaigns
- Practical and solid understanding of social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programmes
- Overseeing quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
- Producing content, writing/editing press releases and articles
- Providing support on new business pitches
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven track record in prioritising work load as well as supporting junior team members
- Ability to service multiple clients
- Ability to balance ‘quick hits’ and longer term strategy
- Team player
More jobs like this
- Full Time Business to Business Senior Account Manager Associations / Institutions jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Business to Business Senior Account Manager Business / Industrial jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Business to Business Senior Account Manager Entertainment / Leisure jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Business to Business Senior Account Manager Media and New Media jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Business to Business Senior Account Manager Retail / Wholesale jobs in London (East)