Senior Communications Manager
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is the main UK Government agency for funding research and training in Engineering and the Physical Sciences, investing approximately £800 million a year.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the engagement strategy for the academic and business communities, working closely with others across EPSRC to provide communications support, and building relationships with key external groups that might help in the delivery of that strategy.
To join us you’ll need;
- Strong background in marketing and PR, bringing with you an established network of contacts.
- A demonstrable ability to turn abstract communications concepts and objectives into tangible actions, plans and campaigns.
- Experience of leading and managing creative campaigns across a wide variety of channels including social media, press, publications, events and digital.
- Proven experience of working with a number of creative agencies and other similar partners to deliver against strategic communication objectives.
- Experience of developing and running partnerships with organisations which have similar communications objectives or projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing research in the UK and engineering and physical sciences in particular.
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
EPSRC are offering you a benefits package which includes a generous pension, 30 days annual leave plus privilege days and bank holidays, flexible working hours, a corporate leisure card, cycle to work scheme and private health screening.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UKSBS) ; to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc126873_4031.aspx and submit a CV, cover letter and any other information you feel is relevant (save the reference IRC126873 in the filename). Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867000. Please quote the reference number IRC126873.
Closing date for applications is 24 March 2014
EPSRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Final appointments will be subject to a pre employment screening