Senior Media Relations Manager
Aviva is the largest insurer in the UK; a constituent of the FTSE 100 and a leading insurer internationally with a presence in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company is embarked on a turnaround programme led by Group CEO, Mark Wilson.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Aviva UK general insurance media relations team. We are recruiting for a Senior Media Relations Manager to be based in Norwich. This is a prominent and influential role within Aviva, working closely with senior management including the Chief Executive Officer, Maurice Tulloch.
You will be responsible for delivering a proactive and reactive media relations service and maintaining first class relationships with national, trade, consumer, local and regional media. You will play an important role in managing, protecting and enhancing Aviva’s corporate reputation, and you will be expected to combine the gravitas necessary for frequent interactions with senior management and national, regional and trade journalists together with a flair for developing clear, concise and compelling PR and thought leadership campaigns.
• Delivering a first class media relations service as measured by external benchmarking
• Developing and maintaining strong and productive relationships with key journalists
• Delivery of media relations projects to support business strategy and goals e.g. media relations events, thought leadership, campaigns etc.
• Effective management of issues to protect corporate reputation, including crisis management.
• Delivery of corporate announcements
• Being respected and sought out for strategic counsel on media relations matters by internal stakeholders
• Strong working relationships across the UK and Group communications teams and production of integrated communications plans
• Have a first-class knowledge of industry activity and issues and bring this insight into media relations activity. Speak authoritatively on these issues both internally and externally
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Solid media relations experience and understanding – insurance industry experience preferred
• Good personal impact and credible operator at senior management level
• Ability to develop a detailed understanding of Aviva’s business and the wider insurance and business context to be able to speak credibly to financial journalists on these matters
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Clear, cool head at all times
• Ability to see the big picture essential
• Ability to present complex matters in a clear concise way
• Flexible approach to working
• Sound financial and commercial acumen
• A team player with the ability to work collaboratively across the UK to ensure seamless and integrated delivery
• Ability to challenge the status quo
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
General Insurance background
- 14 March 2014
- 14 April 2014
- Account Manager, Head of Group / Department, Manager (In-House), Other, Press Officer, Senior Account Executive
- Corporate Communications, External Affairs, Internal Communications, Marketing Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Executive Financial Services jobs in London (North)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Executive Media and New Media jobs in London (North)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Senior Account Executive Professional Services jobs in London (North)