Account Executive/Senior Account Executive
Are you looking for rapid career progression with a fast-growing agency, offering a competitive salary and flexible working?
Black Letter PR is a specialist communications consultancy dedicated to the legal services sector. Set up in 2011 we have quickly gained a reputation for offering straight-forward, personal, knowledgeable and, most importantly, practical communications advice.
We are now looking for an experienced Account Executive/Senior Account Executive to join us and help our already successful business grow further.
This is a hands-on role for a multi-skilled self-starter who enjoys managing their own varied work load. It’s also a great opportunity for someone looking to fast-track their career by learning from our unique PR/journalism partnership. As a small niche agency, we can offer the opportunity to quickly gain senior-level experience and have client autonomy.
- Drafting and selling in press releases to a wide variety of broadcast, national, trade and regional media
- Creating feature pitches, creative ideas for client campaigns, and writing article/blog copy
- Proactive research to identify new opportunities for clients
- Proactive content management of client social media accounts
- Online distribution of media coverage and opportunities to clients
- Liaising with and updating clients on activity and producing regular reporting
Key skills and experience
- At least three years’ work experience in a relevant role, preferably agency-side. Experience of professional services PR is advantageous.
- A solid track record of delivering media relations across a wide variety of trade and national press
- Strong copywriting, proof-reading and attention to detail. Must be used to producing copy to tight deadlines and often at speed
- Excellent IT and social media skills, experience of media databases such as Cision
- Good administrative skills and experience of client reporting
Key person specification
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, act with autonomy and work unsupervised.
- Excellent time management skills to handle a busy and varied workload across a variety of client accounts and at peak times.
- Enjoys the challenge of stepping into a new role and shaping its development.
- Confident in dealing face-to-face or over the phone with journalists and senior clients. We’re looking for someone that is just as comfortable pitching to a legal journalist as they are to a national news desk or broadcaster. Similarly, you will have direct access to senior clients and must instill them with confidence in your abilities.
- Strong academic background and the ability to grasp intellectually challenging subject matter. You will be required to write on complex issues and so must be able to assimilate and interpret technical information.
What we offer:
- Salary: Competitive salary, plus training budget and membership of professional body (eg: CIPR)
- Holiday: 25 days per year
- Combination of office and home-based working (on completion of probationary period)
- Office in Borehamwood, Herts (22mins from Kings Cross, or easily commutable from North London/Herts by car)
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***