Head of Corporate Communications PR & Marketing
About The James Hutton Institute
Established in 2011, The James Hutton Institute brings a new way of applying excellent science to the business of tackling major global problems of our age by using a wide range of scientific disciplines to engage with a broad and constantly evolving set of research themes. The James Hutton Institute’s strategic agenda is to be a world leader in research and engagement to deliver evidence-based solutions to the global challenges of our time facing land and natural resource use both now and in the future.
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint a talented and experienced Head of Corporate Communications, PR & Marketing who will be responsible for leading and managing the Communications teams across our Invergowrie site near Dundee, and our Craigiebuckler site in Aberdeen whilst promoting an effective, cohesive approach to communications and external relations, marketing, media management, PR, branding and internal and external stakeholder management.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Communications are to:
- Ensure effective implementation of a Corporate Communications strategy to raise the external profile and reputation of the James Hutton Institute
- Use a range of networks and engage with key forums in Government, research and industry, HEI and related sectors.
- Develop a broad and deep organizational understanding of the context and environment within which the James Hutton Institute operates to identify opportunities, to promote the interests of the James Hutton Institute and support the development of the UK science base
- Ensure effective implementation of an internal communications strategy
- Provision of a communications service to market and publicise the James Hutton Institute to public audiences
The successful applicant will have a degree in a relevant communications subject, a post-graduate qualification or other business qualification such as an MBA. As well as being dynamic and influential, the post holder will have strong commercial awareness and a proven track record in leading and managing successful communications strategies whilst driving and implementing change. Knowledge and experience of scientific, life science or research establishments is desired but not essential, however the post holder must be a senior business manager with leadership qualities and a passion to make a difference. A strong communicator at all levels; the applicant will be able to guide the further development of the brand of the Institute.
The James Hutton Institute will give you all the training, support and continued professional development you need. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please contact our external consultant Mr. Peter Caithness for a first stage confidential conversation or apply directly with your most recent CV (including the names and addresses of 3 referees) along with a covering letter and supporting statement for the attention of Peter Caithness, Director, Caithness Consulting at email@example.com
Further information is available on the James Hutton website by accessing the link below where supplementary information about the Institute and the post is available at http://www.hutton.ac.uk/careers/head-communications-pr-and-marketing
Please quote reference number Hutton-23-14 in all correspondence.
Applications will be accepted until noon on Monday 14th April 2014.