PR and Marketing Manager - in-house online retail brand
This is the first PR and marketing role for this online retail startup as a result of exciting business growth. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the role and grow a PR and Communications department. You will play a key part devising a 12-month creative PR strategy, and take ownership for the implementation of this. To be considered for this in-house PR and Marketing Manager role, you will be an entrepreneurial PR professional who has solid B2C and B2C PR experience, ideally with an online business.
Designed for people who want to use their skills and talents to generate an income, this online enterprise is en route to securing a million pounds worth of funding, and this is the most exciting time to join this company. With fantastic career progression in place, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder in the next year or two.
Key challenges and opportunities in this London-based in-house PR and Marketing Manager role:
- Devising and implementing a PR strategy for consumer and trade audiences.
- Coming up with creative ideas, carrying out interviews and other research to generate interesting case studies.
- Acting as the integral communications lynchpin between the Founder, SEO team, software developer and the Advisors/ Directors, maintaining and driving the PR and marketing activities to meet key business objectives.
- Creating press releases, features as well as social media content.
- Proactively building relationships with key consumer, business and trade journalists.
- Organising and managing events.
Key attributes and experience for this London-based in-house PR and Marketing Manager role:
- Strong ability to think strategically, and experience in devising as well as implementing PR strategy.
- Solid B2B or B2C PR experience at Account Manager level from an agency, or currently in a similar in-house role.
- Strong media contacts across consumer, trade and business press.
- Some experience in online business.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious – enjoys taking ownerships for projects and getting under the skin of an exciting start up business.
- Takes personal responsibility and is self-motivated – able to manage themselves and work independently.
- Creative thinker – ability to think outside the box.
- Highly organised and confident.
To be considered for this London-based in-house PR and Marketing Manager role please click to apply: