Advocacy Manager, Taxation & Economic Policy
This global trade association in the telecoms sector is looking for an Advocacy Manager to handle the campaign to bring about changes in the taxation and economic policies that impact mobile investment and growth. Based in London, with some international travel, the role is to start immediately, initially on a 9 - 12 month contract, with scope for extension.
This is a great opportunity for a spirited public policy and/or advocacy professional that is ready to make a significant contribution to a global organization leading the mobile industry's vision. In addition to the development of region and country-specific advocacy plans, you will provide strategic advice and participate in lobbying visits with government officials as needed. You will have an understanding of the economic environment and policy making and will be an 'all-rounder' who can effectively engage with stakeholders and front campaigns.
- Essential to this role, is previous experience of developing campaigns across emerging markets, particularly Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Minimum five years of experience involving some combination of policy making, advocacy and communication campaigns including working for/with government ministries, agencies or NGOs. Government relations experience and taxation policy knowledge would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to synthesize large amounts of public policy and other information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue.
- Outcome focused with a can-do attitude and a passion for the mission.
- Ability to work collaboratively across organisational boundaries and with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English, and proficiency in one other language - either French or Spanish
- A degree in an analytical and/or communication discipline. A degree in economics or public policy is desirable, but not necessary.
This role is a massive opportunity to take a leading role within this organisation and has the added bonus of possibly becoming a permanent position. Ideally you should have telecoms experience and be very familiar with the media in this sector but key to this role is organisational ability and a track record in events of this kind. You should also be able to communicate at a senior level, internally and externally, and have real strategic vision to be able to maximise the PR opportunities this programme offers.
- 14 April 2014
- 14 May 2014
- Associate Director, Director (In-House), Head of Group / Department, Manager (In-House), Other
- Corporate Communications, External Affairs, Internal Communications, Press / Media Relations, Public Affairs / Policy
- Full Time
- Contract Type
About Media Recruitment
Media Recruitment is one of London’s leading PR, communications and marketing recruitment consultancies.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Other Business / Industrial jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Other Government jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Other Professional Services jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Other Telecommunications jobs in London (East)
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Other Technology jobs in London (East)