My client is looking for a communications professional to work on a 6 month contract within central government, assisting and supporting the creation of a professional internal and external communications function for ICT. The successful candidate will be involved in employee engagement initiatives, and produce and manage ICT’s contribution to wider communication channels to achieve stakeholder engagement.
- Produce and manage both internal and wider communications channels (including events, publications, web, visual, films, social media)
- Develop the ICT brand, especially in regards to developing the editorial policy and visual identity design standards
- Maintain relationships with external contractors (e.g. graphic designers, film makers, web developers, photographers), and external suppliers (e.g. venues, printers, branded product suppliers).
Key skills and experience:
- Excellent track record of planning, managing and producing communications, preferably within government or public sector
- Excellent writing skills, including writing for the web and publications
- Experience in planning and managing events and publications to achieve stakeholder or employee engagement
- Experience in designing, creating and managing an effective web presence (using a content management system)
- Ability to design and produce attractive visual materials (posters, leaflets, slideshows, merchandising material, exhibitions)
- Experience in using social media to engage audiences in a two way discussion.
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Harriet Baverstock quoting reference HB1404-8.
VMA Direct is part of VMA Group, a global provider of corporate and marketing communications recruitment and training services.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Have you thought about a career in recruitment? Why not work for us? http://vmagroup.com/workforus/