PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm
Frustrated that you’re spread too thinly in agency but keen to keep a broad and interesting mix of work? This is a fantastic chance to get under the skin of communications at a leading law firm, encompassing both media relations and strategic communications initiatives. We are specifically looking for candidates with corporate PR experience, working for a well-known PR agency on large in-house team and you must also have extensive experience in working with multiple senior stakeholders. This team have all the stature you’d expect from an innovative and respected law firm and are highly proactive, fun and friendly in their approach. The role reports directly to the Head of PR and there is lots of scope for progression and development.
This is a hugely respected, international law firm that have a reputation for having a great in-house communications team. They are a collection of some of the UKs top legal brains and are consummate professionals but also are open and flexible to new ideas. The Partners at this law firm engage in communications and many are also on board with PR strategy too so you won’t spend all your time trying to encourage internal stakeholders to do things; this is a law firm has a big voice and people want to hear it!
They are based in London in large, city based offices with all the great facilities you’d expect for a global corporate company. The PR and communications team sit in the central hub of functions so you really get to feel immersed in this company’s business.
Key challenges and opportunities in this PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm role:
- Leading both proactive and reactive media relations programmes firm wide. This includes spotting opportunities to get the Partners out in the media and commenting on current and relevant issues.
- Managing sensitive information regarding litigation and have the confidence to manage high profile and highly confidential details, including at times developing holding statements for the media.
- Managing and delivering innovative PR and communications strategies for the Firm. This will also involve some education for internal stakeholders and upskilling colleagues.
- Project management of some of the key initiatives being rolled out that will really position this law firm as the thought leaders they are.
- Build and manage relationships with the external PR agencies to ensure effective delivery on all PR and communications programmes.
- Stakeholder management. This is a vital part of the role internally and externally and you’ll need to be an exceptional communicator to build strong relationships with Partners and the relevant media.
Key attributes and experience for this PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm role:
- It is essential you have strong experience working in a well-known corporate PR agency or a large professional services in-house communications team. Ideally you will be at Account Director level and be working on recognised, international professional services clients.
- You will be a media relations guru. This role requires someone who can forge exceptional partnerships with journalists and manage a reactive press office but also someone with an eye for an opportunity and that can spot a proactive opportunity and capitalise on it.
- Team management. You will not only be providing guidance and mentoring junior team members but will be a key influencer within the business so you should have experience of working with multiple stakeholders and be confident working with a wide range of individuals.
- Be highly organised and an excellent project manager. This Law Firm have some exciting projects on the horizon so you must be exceptionally organised and have the mind set to manage large scale projects within a professional services environment.
- Be creative and a thought leader. This company is highly innovative so they need you to be too! People who are bright and think beyond the norm tend to do really well here.
- Be a people person. This role requires lots of interaction and hard work so you need to be someone who can get along with others and work autonomously when given the opportunity but also be a key team player.
- People who do well here are robust and have real substance and work hard to deliver great results but at the same time can kick back and enjoy the work they do.
To be considered for this PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm role please click to apply: