Home based – Greater London
Salary £40,019 + benefits
An integral part of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB’s) field-based operations team, we are seeking to recruit a Development Manager to promote the organisation and its aims and objectives. You will work closely with the members communicating, engaging, listening to their views and backing their interests through liaison with government at all levels and relevant media making a tangible difference on behalf of members locally.
The main focus of the job is to:
- Identify, research, develop and promote policy on issues as they arise, including representing the FSB with members at external meetings and promoting the advantages of membership.
- Develop a strong presence in the local and regional media to deliver the key messages on national and local campaigns/policies by working closely with the relevant press department.
- Utilise the results of local and national data to identify key business issues in order to support media, advocacy, recruitment and retention activities.
- Provide excellent customer service through effective signposting and provision of relevant information if appropriate when dealing with issues raised by members.
- Develop proactive working relationships with the recruitment team keeping them informed on local activities and highlighting opportunities.
The ideal candidate, of graduate calibre, will demonstrate a sound understanding of the challenges and issues facing small businesses along with experience in implementing campaigns. It is important to understand the decision making process in local government bodies and you will have a proven ability to develop trusting relationships across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. It is essential that you are self-motivated and able to prioritise a diverse workload. You must have a full driving licence and access to a car for regular travel within the area plus the facility to offer suitable home office workspace. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
The FSB is the UK’s Leading Business Organisation representing the interests of small businesses and the self employed. A not-for-profit organisation, we provide small business owners and the self employed with a powerful lobbying representation at all levels of government. In addition, the strength of around 200,000 members enables the FSB to provide unparalleled services and benefits to its membership.
Closing Date: Tuesday 06 May 2014
Should your application be shortlisted, you will be required to attend an assessment centre. You will be notified of the proposed date for the assessment centre when your application is received.