Public Affairs Researcher – Manchester
This well respected Public Affairs consultancy is looking to appoint a new Public Affairs researcher for their Manchester office.
This is a fantastic agency, amazing career opportunities, lovely team of down to earth and talented people! It is growing at a rapid rate and highly regarded in the industry!.
Based in the city centre you would be working across a mix of property, government, public sector, transport and retail clients covering campaigns that include planning communications, community relations, lobbying, stakeholder, government and political engagement and event organising.
Candidates need to have an interest in politics and ideally experience in the areas of public affairs. Experience is PR and corporate comms is also useful and beneficial.
- Arranging councillor/MP meetings and attending, when required
- Discussing projects with local residents and stakeholders on the ‘community information line’
- Writing political audits; researching the political and stakeholder background that may influence a planning
- application and writing into a detailed report that can advise the client how best to approach a scheme with regard to the authority / local area
- Media monitoring; papers and online for any articles regarding or potentially impacting on a scheme
- Researching and booking suitable exhibition venues
- Attending and assisting the development team at public exhibitions
- Drafting Statements of Community Involvement
- Drafting leaflet text
- Drafting press releases
- Observing council meetings / planning application determinations
- Administrative tasks, such as imputing questionnaires / comments forms into databases and analysing results; mail merges etc.
For more information please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or 0161 228 7239
About Black Cherry Recruitment
Black Cherry Recruitment is a boutique PR recruitment consultancy that offers personalised and results driven recruitment solutions in a friendly, professional and experienced manner.