Communications and PR Manager- Trade / Education / In-house
Our client is a well recognised membership body, representing a leading industrial skills sector. We are currently looking for a talented Communications and PR Manager to join the team at an exciting time of change and development in the organisation.
Our client is currently leading on an exciting government funded initiative to encourage growth of the technical/ engineering skills sector- this campaign targets industry leaders, employers and boosting the profile of apprenticeships. In this position, you will be expected to roll your sleeves up and manage the communications strategy and plan for the campaign. Ideally you will have some experience/ knowledge of the education sector or have had some experience of working in line with government led initiatives.
This position encompasses the following:
- Internal Communications targeting staff, members, committees – covering difficult key messages
- External Communications targeting Government, fund agencies, employers, trade unions
- Social media- you will own and manage the social media channels
- Little media relations activity but may be required on an as and when basis
The ideal candidate will:
- Have solid experience within a communications post, ideally within a trade, education or charity sector
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have proven experience of working with social media tools
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Have experience of executing set communications plans
- Be educated to degree level
Our client offers a friendly team environment, based in central London. This is a very exciting and interesting project to be working on- it has been mentioned in parliament and will be a prominent initiative over the course of the next 5/6 years. If you feel that you are qualified for this position and would like to know more, please click ‘apply’ below or contact email@example.com.
About JFL Search & Selection
JFL is a specialist recruitment consultancy for the communications sector. We recruit from entry to Board Director level, across PR, corporate communications, public affairs, digital and social media.