Head of Communications - In House
Head of Communications – Clifton Moor - York
About the role:
The Head of Communications is a high profile role within our business responsible for delivering brand led communications for our two business units - Best Western GB and Beacon Purchasing. Working in close partnership with the Best Western GB and Beacon Brand Marketing Teams, you will lead the ICH Communications Team to effectively conduct all external media relations, internal communications, member communications and external communications with suppliers, the investor community and all other stakeholders.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work in-house with the largest group of independent hotels in the world and the leading buying group which covers the hospitality, leisure and health care industries.
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Best Western Hotels GB “Hotels with Personality” - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
Recognised as a Best Companies “One Star” employer, we have a fantastic, friendly, fun yet hard working environment. We are committed to being a great place to work.
You will have:
- National PR / Communications experience at a senior level across B2B and B2C with proven and demonstrable results
- Experience of PR, events and crisis management
- Experience of effectively leading a communications team
- A background in managing PR and creative agencies (or having worked for one), this will include contract negotiation, relationship management and the effective delivery of requirements
- Experience of working with diverse audiences at a national level
- Experience of matrix management
- A flair for influencing at all levels including the CEO and board, demonstrating diplomacy and tact
- A desire to achieve results with experience of measuring the effectiveness of communications
- An ability to multi task across different teams while ensuring delivery of objectives
- Flair and creativity that translates across a variety of audiences and media
- Experience of dealing with a range of media channels for a global brand
- Experience of proactively and positively influencing change with the desire to challenge the status quo
- An energy and drive to succeed in a fast paced and progressive industry
- A list of contacts and a network that will allow you to influence and achieve in your role
The ideal candidate will come from an agency background, however in-house candidates with strong agency management experience will be considered. It is essential that you are a leader with effective influencing skills able to gain and maintain the respect of the senior leadership team early in your tenure. Travel and flexibility are required for this role and we are seeking an experienced communications professional who has a real desire to be a brand ambassador and has the ability to fly the flag for our organisation and our industry.
- A salary of £50,000 - £60,000
- Benefits including 26 days holiday (increasing to 31 with service), company bonus, pension, employee discounts and many other benefits
- Career and learning opportunities
- A working environment where you won’t be just a cog in the machine