PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm
Frustrated that you’re spread too thinly in an agency but keen to keep a broad and interesting mix of work? This is a fantastic chance to get under the skin of communications at a leading law firm, encompassing both media relations and strategic communications. We are looking for candidates with corporate and financial PR experience, who have worked with multiple senior stakeholders.
This is a hugely respected, international law firm that have a reputation for having a great in-house communications team. They are a collection of some of the UK’s top legal brains and are consummate professionals who are also open and flexible to new ideas. The Partners at this law firm engage in communications; this is a law firm has a big voice and people want to hear it!
Key challenges and opportunities in this PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm role:
- Leading both proactive and reactive media relations programmes firm-wide. This includes spotting opportunities to get the Partners out in the media and commenting on current and relevant issues
- Managing technical information regarding large corporate M&A activity and high profile and highly confidential details
- Managing and delivering innovative PR and communications strategies for the Firm. This will also involve some education for internal stakeholders and up skilling colleagues.
- Project management of some of the key initiatives being rolled out
- Build and manage relationships with the external PR agencies to ensure effective delivery on all PR and communications programmes
- Stakeholder management. This is a vital part of the role internally and externally and you’ll need to be an exceptional communicator.
Key attributes and experience for this PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm role:
- It is essential you have strong experience working in a well-known corporate PR agency or a large professional services in-house communications team. Ideally you will be at Account Director level and be working on recognised, international professional services clients
- You will be a media relations guru and have top contacts with the City press. This role requires someone who can forge exceptional partnerships with journalists and manage a proactive and reactive presence
- Team management. You will not only be providing guidance and mentoring junior team members but will be a key influencer within the business so you should have experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- Be highly organised and an excellent project manager. This Law Firm have some exciting projects on the horizon
- Creative and a thought leader. This company is highly innovative so they need you to be too! People who are bright and think beyond the norm tend to do really well here
- A people person. This role requires lots of interaction and hard work so you need to be someone who can get along with others and also work autonomously
- People who do well here are robust and have real substance, working hard to deliver great results, but at the same time can kick back and enjoy the work they do
To be considered for this PR Manager - Leading Global Law Firm role please click to apply
*Please note PR Week advert expiry dates do not reflect our vacancy closing dates so please do get in touch with us
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.