Internal Communications Executive - global media company
This thriving global company is headquartered primarily in the UK and are undergoing an incredibly exciting period of their development following a merger in 2012. The communications team is relatively new and expanding as a result and there is therefore a lot of opportunity for career growth within this structure as this develops in the next few years. You will be working with some incredibly inspiring and impressive people. Technology is at the heart of everything they do so the importance of this role to the business cannot be underestimated.
A leader within their field, this is an entrepreneurial organisation with a vibrant, fast-paced and professional culture. A fantastic place to utilise your internal communications skills for maximum impact.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Internal Communications Executive role, reporting to the Internal Communications Manager, you will:
- Write copy for news articles, newsletters, issues management and presentations
- Rely on your excellent organisational skills to plan and develop content to support projects and campaigns
- Draw upon your technical ability to develop and maintain cutting edge channels
- Collaborate closely with a senior internal communication manager to help develop and deliver the Technology communications strategy
- Manage and maintain a global distribution list
- Pull together regular reports on channel use
Key attributes and experience needed for this Internal Communications Executive role:
- Self-assured with a clear communication style including excellent writing skills
- Ability to bring fresh, creative thinking to problems and your copywriting
- You will be a high achiever who is also very approachable and good at getting on with all sorts of people
- Previous experience of supporting communications activity and an understanding of communication channels
- Ideally from another fast-moving environment (preferably in technology or media related) where juggling multiple projects has been the norm
- Highly competent and well-organised with a track record of delivering work on time and to budget
- Knowledge of media organisations and/or working with a technology function is preferred
- Basic design skills (ie Photoshop) would be very useful
To be considered for this exciting Internal Communications Executive role, please click to apply:
*Please note PR Week advert expiry dates do not reflect our vacancy closing dates so please do get in touch with us
About The Works
The Works is a world class search and selection consultancy for the PR and corporate communications industry. We stand out from the crowd because we listen and take care to understand both our candidates’ careers and our clients and their requirements.